THE VOICE IN MY HEAD!!!(PART 1)

THE VOICE IN MY HEAD!!!(PART 1)
August 22, 2019 33 Comments LIFESTYLE Shadrack biwot
The voice in my head
Voices in my head

I guess I was facing a serious psychological breakdown. One that never allowed me understand that it’s OK to fail sometimes. One that wouldn’t make me understand that failing is a part of life and that I could learn from my mistakes. One that kept this illusion in my head that I was only meant for greatness and that I had no room for excuses not failure. The voice in my head.

It was just like a voice in my head telling me you can’t do this,you can’t do that. My doctor says voices in the head are regarded as a symptom of mental illness. But wasn’t mine a friend??? An invisible friend that had my back at all times?? Wasn’t mine the only person that cared about my success and the only person who knew how I could make it in life?? Isn’t this the kind of voices each and everyone would love to have in their life??.

My doctor also says that I should accept that the voice belongs to me. That that is the first step in developing my own point of view and taking responsibility of myself. BUT HOW?? from what I know if the voice was mine I wouldn’t have achieved the much that I already have. The me that I know knows that it’s okay to suck, the voices I could hear if it was my own voice could be AM TIRED JUST SLEEP, LETS WATCH A MOVIE………the me I know is practically lazy so definitely the doctor is wrong. The one on my head knows no failure. The one on my head would feel that something is inherently wrong if I fail. So he is wrong,right??.

What you don’t know is that, the voice in my head made me selfish, proud, greedy and most of all evil. I can say it was building a monster inside of me. Everything I did was always for me that would mean I don’t care what happened to the people around me. I guess I even forgot what it meant to be humane. The voice in my head had made me invincible in a high level spiritual way. After all my future was more than just bright. At the age of 21 I knew what real progress was. This is usually the time many at my age suffer trying to achieve it in life.

This time round I think it took me too far and what I didn’t know is that this would be the start of my downfall. I didn’t know that my downfall would be the one to tell me the truth about the voice in my head and that I’d have to live with a certain degree of insecurity not knowing what the voice in my head would do to innovate and survive after leading me to the point that am in. Chained in an hospital pain mumbling what I couldn’t understand myself…………….

TO BE CONTINUED……..

About The Author
Shadrack biwot I am shadrack biwot. I'm a content creator, shoe enthusiast, lifestyle blogger, online marketer and an entrepreneur. step into the scene to let it drip.
Leave Comment
  1. 1

missteacupxo

Love this post. I often struggle with the voice in my head deciding whether it is friend or for. Sometimes it is a little of both.

1. 1

Shelley Smith

Thanks for sharing! It can be very difficult to war with your inner self. But, I always say go with your heart!

1. 1

Erika Mohssen-Beyk

Shelley, the heart is the real inner voice we need to listen to it. 🙂

2. 1

Sanjota Purohit

Sometimes it is good and sometimes bad. We should be wise to know the difference.

3. 1

Mila R

The best help usually is not to ask doctors … LOL

1. 1

Tiana's Lens

These are conversations that we need to have…inner strength is key. Thanks for sharing

1. 1

Shadrack biwot

I agree with you Tiana…. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

4. 1

Ruchi Verma

I always believe and go with voice in my head …as my heart and my head will never give me wrong suggestions

5. 1

Shelley Smith

Thanks for sharing! It’s often difficult to war with your inner self. Best advice: listen to your heart

6. 1

Jaana McEntee

Very interesting read.. I would try to trust my voices in my head & in my heart as well, its all mine.

7. 1

Luna S

I know exactly how you feel, I had a similar break down at the start of last year and it took a while to get out of it.

8. 1

Rudy

It is often said that when a person who rides a motorcycle begins to believe that he/she cannot fall, it is time for that person to get off of the motorcycle

9. 1

Nikhila

Agree with you. Love reading this article. Thanks for sharing.

10. 1

Nikhila

Agree with you! Love reading this post. Thanks for sharing!

11. 1

Kimmy Mason

The inner struggle is the hardest to overcome. Thanks for sharing.

12. 1

Erika Mohssen-Beyk

Hi Shadrack Biwott,
    It seems to me that you did listen to the wrong voice. The voice we should listen to comes from the heart.
    The voice from the heart leads us to actions that feel good and is our real guide. The voice in the head is usually the ego which often is louder. We need to learn to differentiate and find which the right voice also called intuition or gut feeling is. The voice Gandhi ji is talking about is the right one.
    “There come to us moments in life when about some things we need no proof from without. A little voice within us tells us, ‘You are on the right track, move neither to your left nor right, but keep to the straight and narrow way”.-Mahatma Gandhi
    This our intuition which Jiddu Krishnamurti calls the whisper of our soul.
    I am looking forward to read more and hope you will find the real inner voice our best guide in life.

Erika

13. 1

Ellie Plummer

I love how open you are in this post. We all go through hard times but as they say – what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger

14. 1

Paula Stewart

It is only when we look at ourselves without any filter that we can learn and grow. It sounds like you have done that and now it’s time to become the beautiful flower that you were meant to be.

15. 1

Gervin Khan

I believe that everyone of us are encountering this kind of situation and I agree that sometimes we need to listen from the voice on our head, analyze it and then make a decision.

16. 1

GladysNava

I was really impressed on this blog! Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog

17. 1

Lohas Canada

There is a difference between the inner voice and a mental issue. We all have voices in our head that we choose to listen to them or not. They can be retrained if you are wanting to create a new belief system. It is first figuring out who you believed said those thoughts and giving it the voice of the person who said the thoughts. That way when a thought comes up then the dialog is from that person who said it and you can choose to believe it or not.

18. 1

Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf)

This is a powerful post made of your personal example. It is encouraging to see and guess that you are OK, that you are listening to the real voice that is from your heart, guiding and soothing your living.

19. 1

Emily Fata

I think that the voices in our heads are often there for a reason. Sometimes they can be bad (of course), but for the most part, they’re a good guiding force.

20. 1

Kuntala Banerjee Bhattacharya

Your article matches with my 100 word story on identifying your Inner Self. Liked your post. It is true and essential to recongnize the correct voice within us and if done we can achieve heights.

21. 1

Norma

It’s important to keep an honest and meaningful conversation with ourselves. Writing down all our thoughts and feelings also helps.

22. 1

Lavanda michelle

This is such an important topic that should be discussed, thanks for the share.

23. 1

Catherine Santiago Jose

I am sure that this is happening from everyone of us. When there is a voice in my head I listen to it but definitely inform my heart about it so that I can make a correct or right decision.

24. 1

Jay Mih

Wow….I hope you find your light.

25. 1

Samar

It is very important that we listen to that voice. It comes from our conscious mind.

26. 1

Kiwi

The voice in our head can be positive or negative. The negative could be self sabotaging and we have to shift the voice in a better way.

27. 1

Fatima D Torres

Sometimes that voice is our head is the one of reason — oftentimes, we are the ones to figure out whether or not it’s a good choice.

28. 1

Fatima D Torres

It’s not always easy to listen to that inner voice. It may not always be positive.

29. 1

Celebrate Woman (@DiscoverSelf)

A powerful reminder that we do control our voice and can have a great relationship with it!