WHY YOU ALWAYS LYING
WHY YOU ALWAYS LYING
We lie for many reasons. Some lie to protect their families and their loved ones, to avoid shame, to fit in other people’s circles to portray a good image to the world, to hide our flaws, to earn favours……………… Have you ever asked yourself why you always lying?
If people lie so much, does it mean it works? Where does all gained from lying takes us? If we oftenly lie does it mean there is more good to lying than what we stand to gain if we go by the truth? Is there so much to loose in standing for the truth? Has lying become a new Way of survival? People lying it has reached a point where they’re not afraid of the consequences If they are discovered. Does it mean that they feel safer in lying than in telling the truth?
It really is sad to see to see some people tend to lie all the time even when they don’t have to. Worst of all, is that even the younger ones are lying to avoid being punished. Has it come to the point where people have forgotten that by telling the truth you don’t have to remember anything?
moreover, it is sad knowing that we are building a generation where we are not sure if we have role models who our kids can look up to. A generation where telling our kids this and that is wrong when ourselves we are struggling to put on a show, when the doctor he/she looks up to lies to the patients for money, when politicians lie in people’s faces for their personal gain………….
It is high time we build a generation where consequences of lies should not be as simple as we make it seem by not actually acting on the root cause . A generation where our children should be able to understand that lying has adverse effects to both themselves and the ones lied to. We should build a place where our kids should be able to see the benefits of honesty and the impact it has. Where we can be able to to put a stop to people trying to lie to our faces.
damages lying can cause
when one lies, it’s obvious they put their own self interests first with the unwillingness of making greater sacrifices of telling the truth for a long term greater good.
- lying creates trust issues
- Keeps one from adressing the main issue
- breaks friendship
- Creates a sense of insecurity
There are a thousand effects of lying. Even those little white lies they can be much destructive than they may seem. I was lied to for 4 years by someone I thought to be a friend. Everyday it was something new. I don’t wish to be like him, neither would I wish the same on anyone.
Ways to stop lying
- Admit to having a problem : This is a very big step and difficult at the same time. We should try find someone to confide in no matter how big the problem might be. Sometimes it might seem to put a dent on your pride but this can be a reminder whenever one wants to tell a lie.
- Make a confession : It’s always good to confess your sins before God. He knows of all the lies one has told big or small. And also ask him for help in curbing the habit.
- Practice honesty : Always think before telling a lie. Think about the other person and try putting yourself in their shoes. Think of how you’d feel if in their position. That way, you’ll understand that however how much painful it might be to tell the truth, it’s always good to tell the truth.
- Be yourself : If you find yourself trying just to cover up for your shortcomings, then you really need to work on being honest with yourself and not be driven by other people’s expectations.
“A single lie discovered is enough to create a doubt in every truth expressed. “
Recent posts : Fear of being judged