To be a risk taker, it requires alot of courage to face the uncertainty. The good thing with being a risk taker is that whatever the outcome, you learn and grow. Moreover, along the way you biuld your skills which will contribute to your growth and in achieving your goals. Have you ever asked yourself why you need to be a risk taker?
“Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all. ” Helen Keller. You’ll never know what is on the other side of life unless you take a step towards it. Sometimes it may seem scary due to the uncertainty but believe you me, Ooops!! Sounds better than what if?.
Few months back I decided to start blogging after thinking that I needed to do something constructive with my free time. I had little knowledge in blogging but I was willing to take the chance and gain knowledge as I continue and finally it’s starting to pay off. Many of my friends thought it wasn’t a good idea and that I was wasting my time but I knew all along there is no harm in trying.
Here are reasons why you need to be a risk taker.
- Pushes you to greatness: taking risks allows you to take action and go behind the goals you’ve always dreamt of achieving. When you learn to take risks for your dream life, you’ll grow. When you make a move towards taking risks you’ll realise how beneficial it can be.
- Exposure to more opportunities : Dreams will always be dreams unless we set out to do something to achieve them. Taking risks will always avail new possibilities and opportunities. The fear of taking risk will always make one stagnate.
- Builds confidence : Risk taking boosts self confidence. The more risks we take the more resilient we are. Being a risk taker is not always to ensure our success. Sometimes it’s to boost our confidence.
- Acquire more knowledge : They say experience is the best teacher. Learn your own lessons then you’ll truly know knowledge gained from taking risks becomes a part of your life and wisdom that will always guide you each day. This you cannot learn from a class or from refraining from taking risks.
- It’s rewarding : Everyday we come across people we term to be lucky and that great things favours them. NO!! ,they’re not lucky. They are just reaping the fruits of the risks they took. Behind every success there’s a story behind it and that includes risks and sacrifices.
Life itself is a risk. We never know what tomorrow holds for us. We should not be afraid to take risks for the fear of the consequences. To be successful you’ll have to be flexible, optimistic and open to gaining new knowledge and try new things.
The first risk is being willing to overcome your fears that is holding you back. This way, you’ll be able to experience different possibilities grow your confidence and gain new knowledge. Always remember, no one grows in comfort zone .
I’d love to hear your story, please share in the comments section below.