The Affiliate Marketing Complete Guide
The Affiliate Marketing Complete Guide
Tips to Level up Your Affiliate marketing Skills
Thinking of becoming an affiliate marketer? Want to learn more about affiliate marketing? Struggling with increasing sales?
If that’s the point then you’re at the right place where you’ll discover the complete guide to level up your skills and be able to increase your sales.
The good thing with affiliate marketing is that you don’t require a lifetime experience to make sales. Anyone with specific skills can make a living from it. The major reason why most people fail before they even start is that they don’t research their marketing and end up selling products that prove useless to their audience.
What is affiliate marketing and how it works
It is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s products. You earn a commission for every successful sale made. It is an excellent way of earning passive income. How amazing is it making money even when you sleep? Sounds great right?
How it works?
Let’s simplify this for a better understanding.
- You come across an amazing product related to your niche and promote it
- You send your website visitors to that affiliate program using your affiliate referral link.
- If your website visitor buys the product you referred to, you earn a commission for the sale.
Here’s a great illustration that explains more about how it really works.
Before venturing into affiliate marketing make sure to build a trusted brand with your audience this will build you a platform where you’ll be trusted and recognized in the field of your expertise.
Top tips to level up your skills and Increase Your Affiliate Sales
1. Choice of products
Your online success depends greatly depends on the choice of products. This is why you should be extremely picky when it comes to the choice of products to promote. This is key in generating more affiliate commission no matter what industry you are in.
Let’s now take a look at powerful tips when it comes to the choice of products
- The first important thing to take note of is that you need to keep in mind that for successful affiliate, product selection is NOT to pick too many products at a go. It’s better to choose 2 to 3 products which you’re confident with.
- Be sure to promote products that you’ve either tried or used this will help you get sight of their features and benefits. This way you’ll know if the product is fit for your audience.
- Consider expensive products. The one thing you should realize when venturing into affiliate marketing is the benefits of promoting expensive products. These products will give huge commissions per sale and apart from that, offer impeccable features making them sell out easy.
2. Creativity when it comes to content creation
By now you should know how most successful affiliates are pocketing millions every year. If you are observant, you’ll notice the level of creativity displayed when it comes to creating content around these products.
Content creation is the basic foundation of affiliate marketing. With this, you’ll know where you lie. If your content creation is poor then this is a guarantee of failure.
Here are a few of the content types that you can employ to drive more affiliate sales to your sites in 2020.
- Product reviews
- Detailed case studies
- Affiliate product comparisons
- video tutorials about the products you promote
- Long-form of how-to articles
3. Build a successful email list
Did you know? A bigger percentage of thriving bloggers make their income from the email lists.
If you are looking forward to earning more sales in 2020, they put building your email list among your priorities this way, you’ll be able to turn your site visitors to leads and then to sales.
An email list offers you an opportunity to promote your products to a number of targeted audiences interested in purchasing your affiliate products.
Now that you have an all-round idea, let’s get an overview of ways to build an impeccable email list to help increase your affiliate sales.
- Be sure to employ proper email marketing software to automate your email newsletters. With this, you’ll be able to build an affinity with your subscribers.
- Place your subscriber subscription form at the proper place on your site. This can either be the sidebar, footer, about us page, or within blog posts. Pop-ups subscription forms also work magic.
4. Promoting your affiliate products the right way
Making affiliate sales majorly depends on effective promotion to be able to reach a wider targeted audience. So which promotions tactics do you have? And are you putting them into action?
Here are a few top ways you can promote your affiliate products effectively to increase sales.
- Create an email sequence for your best products: If you’re already building an email list, create an exclusive email sequence (5 part or 7 part email sequence) where you can educate your email subscribers about your best-performing products so you’ll get even higher conversion rates and more sales.
- Take advantage of Black Friday season: That’s with black Friday coming once a year and lasting a week, most product producers’ offer up 90% discount on products. This is that time of the year that you can take the opportunity to fully convert your audience to buyers.
- Do product giveaway: product giveaways work the magic. They go viral in a matter of seconds. With this, you will receive more visitors and gain more subscribers.
5. Grow your affiliate commissions
I know how amazing it feels about making your first affiliate sale. But that doesn’t mean that you’ve made it and have to stop there. You need to up your game and take that first sale as a motivation for making more and more sales.
To succeed in affiliate marketing, all you need to do is scale up your earning and keep working to making more big sales and commissions.
I know you are wondering how to continue building up your commissions. Let’s take a look at a few strategies you can employ:
- Take note of what your audience wants. This has ensured the success of those who have made it in this field. They always keep in mind that the customer is always right and for this matter, your audience is your customer. If you want to increase your affiliate sales, you must find out what your target audience truly wants. Only then, you can serve them better by producing the right content and promoting the right products that solve their problems
- Check out what your competitors are doing differently. This is a good way of finding out where you are going wrong by checking out what your competitors employ. This way you’ll get more ideas on what to and what not to do.
- Keep learning. The one thing you should realize is that learning is a continuous process. Most of us stop learning when we see that we are earning decent commissions. In this field there is always something new coming up each and day and the only way to keep your head in the game is continuous learning. This way you’ll tell which old ideas need to be renovated.
6. Optimize your website for top notch affiliate commissions
Site optimization for more affiliate sales is equally important as promoting affiliate products.
Let’s take a quick look at optimization tips for more sales.
Using appropriate banner ads
Banner ads are golden and if used right, they convert like crazy. Most affiliate programs offer premade banner ads thereby easy to use them on your homepage, sidebar, etc.
Don’t compel your audience to buy, RECOMMEND!
Never ask your audience to purchase the products you’re promoting. Just recommend the product by explaining to your audience how the product has contributed to your success. This is also a key way to build trust in the products that you’re promoting
For example, take a look at shadrackbiwotkeyleafy truehost hosting review and you’ll get an all-round idea of what we’re talking about.
What’s in it for them if they buy from you?
This is an aspect you also have to put into consideration. Don’t just promote products for the sake of earning a commission. When you give your audience strong reasons for purchasing the product it’ll prove more useful buying from you and they’ll keep coming back for more.
7. The importance of SEO
We all know the miracle SEO performs when it comes to driving traffic to your site.
Here’s how SEO can help grow your sales;
- By getting first page rankings for the product reviews, you can automatically generate a ton of sales
- By attracting more people from search engines, it’ll easily boost your website conversion rates
- By using SEO, you can easily build and grow an email list which you can later use for building rapport with your audience to increase your affiliate sales.
8. Improving your personal brand is growing your affiliate sales
This field is not just about being anonymous and hoping to pocket millions each year. You have to build a personal brand and put yourself out there as an expert in your field.
Here are a few tips to improve your personal brand which in turn helps you boost your affiliate sales.
- Post-long-form of content
- Start vlogging and share your personal stories
- Start a podcast
- Build credibility by creating videos
Mistakes to avoid making when it comes to your marketing website
Here are some of the dumbest online marketing mistakes most people make, avoid them and you’ll be on your way to pocketing millions through online sources.
1: Not investing into anything
The one mistake most beginners make is not spending money on the prosperity of their website.
If you want to make more money from blogging, you should be investing first.
- You need a proper website design
- You need a faster, safer and reliable hosting (another expense)
- access to the RIGHT tools (they can be email marketing software, SEO tools, etc)
2: It is NOT a get rich quick kind of work
Most of us are always looking forward to a get rich quick kind of work. This is why most people give up even before they start. If you had this thought then I suggest you quickly get it off your head because it won’t work.
To be able to earn a decent income I guarantee you it’ll take time effort and patience to make it through.
Why 99% of beginners fail to make even a distinct sale
There may be a ton of reasons behind not making enough affiliate sales, but here are a few of the major reasons that we have observed over time.
Find your potential readers
Being able to build a potential audience to your site is the first step to the success of affiliate marketing without telling who your readers believe you me. Your journey will be a waste of time. NEVER make decent affiliate income; in fact, you could end up earning nothing!
So be sure to find out who you’re selling to.
Always be concerned about your readers
Be sure to promote products that will prove worthy to your audience. with this, you’ll be able to convert and build trust with your audience.
Promote the products that you personally use or have tried
By promoting the products that you personally use on your blogs, you will have a better idea of why they are important to your readers and it’ll be easy to convince them to purchase the product.