Whether you’re in to make some quick cash or a long term sustainable income source, there are certainly multiple ways you can make money online in Kenya today.
Truth be told, to make money online in Kenya is not as difficult as people make it seem. It does require utmost discipline and patience though.
Depending on what you’re after, earning money online can provide you immediate results such as boosting your basic monthly necessities or transforming your life in the long term.
In this article, we are going to exhaust all the possible ways that can give you the opportunity to build yourself a great online venture.
Ways to make money online in Kenya
Blogs are informative sites where content creators share their views on the niche(subject) of their preference.
As a blogger, you can be able to monetize your site through:
- Affiliate marketing: in this instance, you can create reviews, posts around a product, and earn a commission for every sale you make.
To learn affiliate marketing, read:
- Sell your own products(eBooks): this is a pretty profitable way of making money online in kenya. You just pick a topic, compile it and sell it on your blog.
- Ad Networks: this can be either a cost per click(CPC) OR CPM(cost per 1000 impressions). If this is your preferred way, then i recommend you monetizing with Google adsense.
Skill based services; depending on your expertise, you can offer services like:
Search engine optimization(SEO)
Search engine marketing(SEM)
social media marketing(SMM)
These are services that some individuals are willing to pay for as long as you have the skills.
For more information on blogging read:
Start a blog with truehost in 5 minutes
How to make money blogging in kenya
2. Digital marketing services
This has become one of the most popular ways to make money online in kenya.
These are professional services that help market and advertise a business online. It solely focuses on digital channels.
About 97% of consumers go online to find local products and services. This is why brands are seeking digital marketing services to be able to connect and increase leads and sales.
You’ll be able to offer services like:
Search engine optimization
Search engine marketing online advertisement
Social media marketing
This is the method of business fulfillment whereby your store doesn’t have to keep inventory of the items that you’re selling. Instead, you purchase it from a third party supplier who will ship it directly to the consumer without you being able to see or handle the product.
The one thing I love about dropshipping is that it requires little capital to start. All you need is a laptop and internet connection.
This is how dropshipping works:
- A customer places an order from your online store
- Your store automatically sends the order to your dropshipping supplier
- Your supplier prepares the order
- The dropshipping supplier ships the order directly to the customer.
Resources like shopify can help you get started.
4. Start a vlog
With billions of videos watched daily, you can launch your vlog and monetize it once you reach youtube’s 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours minimum entry requirements.
Youtube payments are usually based on cost per mille (CPM) ; this is the cost per a thousand impressions. Youtube CPM is about $7.4 per 1000 impressions.
So you can see the monetary gains depending on the amount of views you’ll be getting.
5. Web development, design and maintenance
If skilled when it comes to HTML, CSS, PHP, Python, etc. then why not put yourself out there as an expert in your field? It can be challenging as the road gets bumpy at the start.
But when you get yourself established, the challenges come in with handsome benefits. What more would you ask for than being your own boss?